The Government Commissioner and Deputy Government Commissioner speak regularly with the public and with the business community on St. Eustatius.
The Government Commissioner has established an Advisory Council drawn from members of the civil society. Their role is to advise him on a range of topics. They act as a ‘sounding board’ for the Government Commissioner and Deputy Government Commissioner. He also has regular walk-in sessions for members of the public who wish to consult with him.
The members of the Advisory Council must reflect the various groups and social layers in society as stated above.
The Advisory Council
- Consists of a maximum of 13 members.
- Meetings are held once a month on a fixed day and time
- Duration of the meeting: maximum 1.5 hours
- Submits items for agenda
Members are required to
- Be socially engaged in their own neighborhood/environment/circle
- Be willing to meet once a month
- Be prepared to share information within his/her own neighborhood and surroundings