The Executive Council of the Government of St Eustatius, Caribbean Netherlands invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position: 1 FTE Social Media Specialist/Webmaster
The Webmaster serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the organisation’s website and intranet, handling a range of responsibilities that may include web design, development, routine site and content maintenance, and various updates to ensure sites align with the goals and objectives of the public service.
Download "The Executive Council of the Government of St Eustatius, Caribbean Netherlands invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position: 1 FTE Social Media Specialist/Webmaster"
- Oversees the new Statia Government website and other official social media domains;
- Manages the internal newsletter (InSync);
- Assists and advises on digital processes, including Ibabs;
- Collaborates closely with MIS/database manager, directors, unit managers, and other invested leadership staff to ensure a smooth digital process;
- Encourages and facilitates consistent, creative, and a unified web design across the organisation’s web properties;
- Collects and analyses web analytics and similar data; identifies opportunities to improve search engine optimisation (SEO), time on site, web traffic, and other relevant metrics;
- Advises on the maintenance and documentation of the Statia Government’s internet domains;
- Assists employees with use of the Statia Government website through one-on-one support, user guides, and training sessions;
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and emerging developments in web design, web development, and technology;
- Prepares videography and required video editing functions;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field- coursework in digital media, web design, and/or computer programming would be an asset.
- Experience with Typo3 and detailed website structuring;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
- Extensive knowledge of website management, analytics, design, and SEO best practices and standards.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Working knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn web content management systems, applications, and tools used by the Statia Government.
- Highly proficient in HTML/CSS;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in social media management.
- Strong video recording and editing skills and basic design skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Accurate, resourceful, proactive, decisive, and hands-on mentality;
Terms of employment
Salary scaling is equivalent to scale 8, with a starting salary of $ 2,568.74 to a maximum of $ 3,593.74 gross monthly; based on a working week of 39.5 hour. Salary scaling is dependent on qualifications and experience. You are required to provide a certificate of good conduct (VOG), and to undergo a medical examination. An assessment and reference check may be part of the selection process.
Are you interested in applying for the position of Social Media Specialist/Webmaster?
Please apply in writing no later than 12 January 2024.
Kindly direct your application and CV to:
The Executive Council of the Government of St Eustatius
Attn: Ms. Francisca Gibbs
Unit Manager, Internal Services
For details of the position, contact the head of the administrative support office, Ms. Marion Schroen, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the organisation or employment conditions contact