The Executive Council of the Government of St Eustatius invites applications from suitably qualified for the following position : Vacancy Executive Employee D
The Executive Employee D performs simple preventative and corrective maintenance work, calls attention to faults, damage, etc, and performs other related duties. This employee is assigned to the unit of Public Works and Services (PWS), which is tasked with the planning, maintenance and upkeep of property, buildings, and infrastructure of the Statia Government.
Download "The Executive Council of the Government of St Eustatius invites applications from suitably qualified for the following position : Vacancy Executive Employee D"
- Performing maintenance and/or repair work (for instance on machines, buildings, and infrastructure, such as roads and terrains), and work connected to water and green space management;
- Calling attention to, and reporting faults, damage and other particulars relating to the efficient performance of maintenance work;
- Carrying out activities such as painting, carpentry and/or construction work;
- Conducting minor repairs for technical failures, detecting and remedying minor malfunctions, and assisting internal or external technicians in solving complex malfunctions;
- Installing and assembling /disassembling equipment, components, and installations;
- Instructing users in the use of machines, installations and measurement and control processes;
- Keeping records of the activities performed and their results in a logbook.
- Performing other related duties as assigned from time to time.
- Secondary school diploma/vocational diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum two (2) years' work experience in the maintenance field;
- Valid driver’s licence, Category B & D;
- Basic first aid certification (optional).
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Knowledge of the practical application of tools which are simple to use;
- Knowledge of safety and inspection regulations, technical regulations, as well as equipment specifications;
- Skilled in performing various routine maintenance activities to buildings, inventory, and terrains;
- Skilled in performing maintenance activities and minor repairs
Terms of employment
The position is temporary for a trial period of one year, with the prospect of permanent appointment.
The salary scaling is equivalent to scale 4 on the salary scale, with a minimum of $1,609.39 to a maximum of $2,186.47 gross monthly, based on a 36-hour work week. Salary scaling is based on qualification and experience. Preference is given to internal candidates in the event of equal suitability. .
Are you interested in applying for the position of Executive Employee D?
Please apply in writing no later than 16 February 2024.
Kindly direct your application and CV to:
The Executive Council of the Government of St Eustatius
Attn: Ms. Francisca Gibbs
Unit Manager, Internal Services
For details of the position, please contact Mr Winston Tearr at Tel: +599-318-2821, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information concerning the recruitment and selection process, please contact the department of Personnel and Organization at email@example.com