COVID-19 spread around the world in 2020.
Help prevent the spread of coronavirus
Engage in social distancing. Stay 1.5 meters away from others (2 yards). Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, then dry them thoroughly. If you don’t have access to soap and water, then use hand sanitizer if possible. Avoid going out with large crowds and remember to cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. Throw the tissue away into the trash. If you do not have a tissue be sure to sneeze or cough into your elbow.
Advice and information on the coronavirus
The National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) is providing advice and information on the new coronavirus. This organization provides advice to doctors, laboratories and municipal health services (GGDs) on tackling the virus in the Netherlands. You can find detailed information on the new coronavirus in English and Dutch on the RIVM website. See: www.rivm.nl/en
Health Insurance Office (ZVK)
Do you have symptoms like a cold, sore throat, cough or fever, we request not to come to the office but call us:
Telephone: (+599) 318 3379 or (+599) 318 3381
A number of our services will be handled via email for all insured persons. This includes:
- requesting certificate of registration with ZVK
- submitting invoices for reimbursement
We request all our insured persons to request above services via our email email@example.com and to avoid the ZVK office as much as possible. To register with ZVK for health insurance or to extend your health insurance it is necessary to visit the ZVK office.
Medical referrals have restarted
Most countries are now ready to admit medical referrals again. This means that, after a long wait, the regular medical referrals are taking place to a number of hospitals;
- CMC in Curaçao
- HOH in Aruba
- SMMC in St. Maarten
- FM on Bonaire
These hospitals have not been able to provide medical care for a number of months, including to their own, local patients, due to the Corona measures. This has resulted in long waiting lists for almost all medical treatments. The same applies to hospitals in the European Netherlands.
The ZVK does its utmost to schedule everyone in the shortest possible time. The order of medical referrals is determined by medical necessity and available capacity at the receiving hospitals. As a result, it may take some time before appointments are scheduled. For information about your medical referral, please contact your referring physician.
Colombia airspace is still closed for passengers from abroad, which means that Colombia is not currently available for regular, elective medical referrals. We kindly request your patience and understanding in this situation.
Medical referrals without quarantine requirements upon return to Statia
No quarantine is required for medical referrals returning to Statia from islands in the region that did not have any local transmissions for the past month. Once an island admits passengers from countries that have a high risk of Covid contamination, the procedure will have to be reevaluated. The Public Health Department will establish and continuously update the lists of countries.
As long as the airspace is closed the number of medical referrals will still be limited. ZVK will charter planes.
Therefore, the General Practitioners carefully selects which patients urgently need a referral, in conulstation with the receiving specialist.
If patients adhere to a number of guidelines as stated underneath, as of June 15th no quarantine is necessary for patients returning from:
- St Maarten (Dutch and French side)
ZVK and patients will arrange and adhere to the following measures to reduce the risk of a Covid infection:
- ZVK will provide transport for patients from the island to the hospital, day room, including a meal service and return to the airport;
- If needed ZVK will provide a hotel room for overnight stay
- Patients will wear protective masks during the transportation;
- ZVK will arrange a lounge or day rooms were patients can wait in between hospital appointment and flight and were they can have a meal;
- Companions are only allowed in exceptional cases (for example if a patient has to stay overnight in a hotel and needs assistance) or when accompanying a minor; The same regulations apply to the companion.
- Passengers will be briefed before departure and will be asked to sign the rules set up to minimize the risk of Covid contamination;
- The ZVK office will provide all passenger lists and contact information to the Public Health Department.
- The ZVK office will provide arrival times of flights entering Statia.
- Patients may be interviewed by GGD upon arrival at the airport.