The Unit of Finance of St. Eustatius works with a given municipal budget of approximately 16 million USD. The Unit of Finance must give a transparent insight into the income and expenditure of St. Eustatius. We firmly believe that sound financial management and accountability is the key to being a well governed island.
The Unit of Finance is responsible for the complete financial management and annual insight and overview of St. Eustatius.
The Public Entity of St. Eustatius publishes the expenses and income in the Planning and Control products (P&C products) report.
Each year the annual accounts, budget, quarterly reports, budget amendments and project administration are published.
The main tasks of the Unit of Finance are to provide:
- up-to-date financial administration and financial reporting
- clear process of financial planning, financial control and consolidated P&C products
- provide financial advice for management reports for support of management and executive council and Directors
- advise on setting up, developing and managing the administrative organization and review internal processes
- external reports and accountability
- reports on payables, accounts receivable, billing, budgeting, collections, financial reporting, governmental levies, and also assist with the payroll administration & the project administration.