The Ministry of Security and Justice is responsible for security policy (police and fire department). The Caribbean Netherlands Fire Department is the implementing body for basic fire department services, emergency services and disaster relief.
Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius
One Fire Department has been set up for Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba, comprising three local brigades. Within the brigade, there is room for island-specific tasks and island risks are taken into account. In addition, a new police force has been set up. The forces are well prepared, schooled and trained and have good equipment and proper accommodation.
- Training of current staff members, among other things for the positions of commander, mechanic, team, prevention specialist, training leader and instructor.
- Creating exercise opportunities on the islands.
- Design of a National Diploma for the courses.
- (Joint) acquisition of equipment and training of force members to maintain it.
- Developing and elaborating disaster relief plans.
- Training and practicing by the organizations that works together in disaster relief.
- Recruitment and appointment of volunteers/part-timers.
- Construction of a central, always occupied control room.
- Emergency assistance intensification.
Fire Department barracks St. Eustatius
Oranjestad, St. Eustatius, Caribbean Netherlands
(+599) 318 2715
(+599) 318 2360
(+599) 318 2726